Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Times I Wish I Had a Camera ...

1. When I pass the "Brothers' Heating and Cooling" billboard on a 60º morning: Said billboard features a bright red LED of the current temperature and a picture of two goofy looking men wearing down jackets and earmuffs and saying, "Brrrr... it could always be better." I laugh every time, because it's rarely cold enough here for that billboard to make any sense.

2. When I pass the "MyTV12" sign: This one points to the infamous 485/77 interstate bottleneck and says, "My Traffic Jam." I spend a lot of time glaring at that sign while waiting to merge.

3. When a woman in a Subaru Outback-type, crunchy-granola-girl hatchback cuts me off in traffic: Her only bumper sticker? A blue box that says (in white letters) "Teach Peace!" She is doing a tremendous job of that with her driving.

Unfortunately, these moments often strike me while I'm driving, which does not lend itself to safe or unblurry photography. But use your imaginations and smile with me.

No comments: