I once lived in Minneapolis, MN. It's a beautiful city for about five months of the year. Then the arctic winds blow in and make you think the whole earth is a barren, frozen tundra. Yet hidden away inside warm buildings, hiding from the bitter cold and stinging wind, are some of the warmest hearts I've ever come across. Minnesota nice is not just a cliché.
People there are pretty sympathetic and politically involved. Minneapolis is a fairly Democratic and liberal-leaning city, which sometimes drove me batty, but the upside is that most people root for the little guy, the disadvantaged and the oppressed and expect the state government to do the same. Nowhere is that better demonstrated than in the recent thrust to stop human trafficking in the state. U.S. Attorney Rachel Paulose is my new hero.
Please click on this link to see what one inspired person can accomplish. Pray for this brave woman—I'd guess a lot of people don't like her much these days. Find out if there are any similar initiatives in your state. If not, start bugging your elected officials to find out why not.
No comments:
Post a Comment