Friday, December 28, 2007

Feeling Overwhelmed ...

Things are still wild for me. Somehow I forget each year that the Christmas holidays merge with work deadlines and travel to create the perfect storm of busyness. I am back in my hometown this week, enjoying the bliss of doing nothing or next to nothing with my family. My dad has the week off and that makes it even better. I'm observing my strict, self-imposed rule that when I am here, I act like I am here by disconnecting from the online world and my cell phone. These visits are precious and rare and all the other stuff will still be there when I fly home. Speaking of which ...

When I get back home next week, a flurry of work will be waiting. But by the second week of January, I ought to be back to a slightly saner pace and more regular blogging.

Here's one item of note:

The movie Amazing Grace is now available on DVD. Go rent it, or better yet—buy it, and enjoy the movie that opened my eyes to the modern issue of slavery.

2 comments:

Carol Wilson said...

Hey Kristen,
Happy New Year! I hope to see you Thursday night.

If by any chance you could scrape up a copy of the Special Commemorative Issue, would you please bring it for me?
Thanks.
Carol

Burkinator said...

And Happy New Year to you! As long as we wrap up the Feb issue early in the day, I will be there. I have a stack of the commemorative issue at home and would be happy to bring you one!