Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bear With Me ...

... I'm still finding my way through the world of the blog.

When I first decided to resurrect this blog and focus on the abolition of modern-day slavery, I had planned to chart a course for myself first, jot down some initial topics, write down a strategy. Instead, it took off almost immediately and took on a life of its own.

I still want to write about why I feel so strongly compelled to be involved in this fight. But that story will take time and editing I haven't stumbled across yet. In the meantime, here's what you can expect.

1. I will give suggestions to combat slavery that the average person can manage.
2. My day job does not allow me time to post as often as I want. Figure on 3-4 times a week.
3. Sometimes, something will make me mad, and I'll just fire off a response about the injustice.
4. My links will point you to organizations and bloggers that are making a difference (as far as I am able to determine).
5. I won't be able to reply to every comment, but they are appreciated and help me judge if the content is helpful and/or thought-provoking. Remember, bloggers are people, too, and we get discouraged by silence.


Deep thanks to those who have linked to and blogged about this site. Every mention helps and I'm honored that you think the site is worth reading. Let's hope I can keep the bar as high as it's been set.

No comments: